Media Advisory in connection with the India-Africa Forum Summit (26th- 29th October,, 2015)
The third edition of the India-Africa Forum Summit (IAFS) will take place during 26th-29th October 2015 at Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex in New Delhi.
Following are some of the guidelines for the media persons attending the Summit:
The Accreditation Passes for the Indian and Foreign media persons based in India will be available from 1300 to 1700hrs on Friday 23th October 2015 at Room No. 140, A-wing, Shastri Bhawan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi.
Passes for the foreign media persons coming from overseas will be handed over to the Embassies of the respective countries based in Delhi, for distribution to the concerned media persons.
There will be a help desk at the Media Entry Gate (Gate-8 D) at Indira Gandhi Stadium for issue of passes in only those cases where accreditation passes have been lost.
All movements of the media persons to the venue will commence from Shastri Bhawan building, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi (Gate No.3).
For the events of Senior Officers Meeting (SOM) on 26th October and Ministerial Level meeting on 27th., the transportation will be made available for the journalists from Shastri Bhawan from 7.30 a.m. onwards.
The last bus will leave at 8.15 a.m. For the events on 29th October, the movement from Shastri Bhavan will commence from 7. 00 a.m. and the last bus will depart from sharp at 8 a.m.
For coverage of Prime Minister’s bilateral meetings with Heads of States/ Heads of Governments on 28th October at Hyderabad House, no transportation will be provided by XP Division to the journalists. Entry to Hyderabad House on 28th will be through Gate No. 3 on Kasturba Gandhi Marg. The respective media persons are required to reach Hyderabad House at least 90 minutes before respective meetings.
The contact persons in XPD Division coordinating various arrangement for media would be as follows.
Mr. Upendra Singh Negi, P ublicity Officer (XMM)
Room-255, Shastri Bhawan,
Mobile No.- 8826553332
Mr. P.C.Mishra, Under Secretary (XFM)
Room -140, A-Wing, Shastri Bhawan
Mobile No. - 8130054648
Mr. Ashok Kumar,
Publicity Officer (XPC)
Mobile No.- 9971176472
Indira Gandhi Stadium:
Mr. Jagjit Singh,
Media Liaison Officer (XPT)
Mobile No.- 9953213884
Mr. Sushil Kumar Meena,
Publicity Officer (XPR)
Mobile No.- 9953450001
Mr. Bibek Bhatta Mishra,
Publicity Officer (XAD)
Foreign media persons carrying professional equipments with them can send in their requests to XP Division through the Indian Mission in their country or the Embassies of their country in New Delhi for customs clearance. The information should include the List of equipment, Names of journalists, Passport Numbers, Flight number, date and time of arrival. The customs clearance letters will be issued by XP Division and will be sent to the respective missions and the journalists by email which can be produced at the airport of arrival.
- Access of all media to the main venue (Indira Gandhi Stadium) will be through gate Number 8.D.
- From the Entry Gate to the Media Centre (distance 100 mts), the media persons can use the ferry or walk.
- Any access of media persons from the Media Centre in Indira Gandhi Stadium to the various venues of the Summit within the Stadium will be coordinated with XP Division officials escorting the Media persons.
- Coverage during the Senior Officers Meeting (SOM) on 26th October will be limited to photo-op only.
- For the events on 27th and 29th October, Photography of events will be allowed from designated locations. No videography will be allowed inside the plenary hall during the event. TV camerapersons can receive the live feed from Indian national television ‘Doordarshan’ inside the Media Center.
- Due to security reasons, Media persons are advised to always keep their accreditation passes on their person.
- Regular Press Briefings for media will be held during the Summit, the timings of which will be intimated in due course.
- Various media related information will be regularly uploaded on the Summit website at URL - www.IAFS.in. Media persons are requested to regularly watch the website for updates.